End Date: 01/01/2008
Funding: Information Society - Measure 3.3
Project Leader: Stainhaouer Gregory
E-logo research project aims at developing text and speech processing systems and exploiting them in language education, i.e. in the teaching of Greek as mother tongue and as a second/foreign language. These systems are:
- Automatic detection of pronunciation errors during reading
- Automatic detection and correction of spelling and grammar errors
In the framework of the project, research is carried out in the following topics:
- The most frequent errors in text and speech production made by children at primary school on the one hand and adults who learn Greek as a foreign language on the other.
- Selection and development of techniques/algorithms in the field of pronunciation evaluation and stress position.
- Upgrade of the current ILSP / R.C. “Athena” spelling and grammar checker by integrating new grammar rules and/or collaborating with the ILSP / R.C. “Athena” syntactic parser.
The systems will be integrated in e-learning environments for the teaching of Greek as mother tongue and as a second/foreign language.