End Date: 31/12/2001
Project Leader: Fourla Athanasia
The main objective of this project was to lower the language barriers of Public Administrations in Greece by providing them with a machine translation tool and by spreading its use.
The EC-MT-GPS project aimed at:
- the further development of the machine translation system EC-SYSTRAN and in particular the language pair English -> Greek according to the needs of the Greek Public Sector
- the development of new language pairs under this platform: Greek-> English, French->Greek and Greek->French
- the development of new tools for the amelioration of the coding procedure of new terms and lemmas
- enrichment of the system’s lexica with terminology by the users
- sensitization of the Greek Public Sector about MT technology and its benefits
- free machine translation services for the Greek Public Sector
- the creation of a user group, which evaluates the performance of the system
Main deliverables: Machine translation software for the following language pairs: English->Greek, Greek->English, French->Greek and Greek->French.