Areas of interest
- Noise reduction from speech signals
- Digital signal processing / Spectral analysis
- Human – Computer Interaction for Persons with Disabilities
- Digital libraries
- Semantic Web
- Philosophy of Information
M. Dendrinos is Professor at Technological Educational Institution of Athens (TEI-A) and cooperates with ILSP / R.C. "Athena" since 1992. He received M.Sc. degree in Electrical Eng. in 1984 from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Ph.D. in 1989 from NTUA, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, in Digital Signal Processing, M.Sc. in History and Philosophy of Sciences and Technology in 2001 from Department of History and Philosophy of Science / University of Athens. He has worked at ILSP on various projects as a researcher and/or coordinator (ESPRIT/Freetel, TIDE/Tosafes, ESPRIT/MUSTUTOR, IST/IMUTUS), in proposal writing in the framework of various open National and European calls and he is from 2008, Head in the Research & Development Projects Office of R.C. “Athena”. He has taken part in the design and implementation of a software packet for spectral analysis of digital signals, which has been used as an educational tool in the frame of the lesson 'Digital Signal Processing' at Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering of NTUA. He has assisted in the instruction of 'Computer Programming' and 'Digital Signal Processing' from 1984 until 1989 in NTUA. He has taught several computer science lessons at various departments of TEI-A from 1991 until Mar.1998. From 1998 until now, he has been teaching lessons of Information Technology, Communications & Networks, Information Systems & Databases, History & Philosophy of Sciences, at the Department of Librarianship and Information Systems of TEI-A. He was instructor of the lesson 'Programming Principles - Databases' at the Post-Graduate Programme 'Technoglossia' organised by University of Athens and NTUA in the winter semesters: 2003-4 (Technoglossia II), 2004-5 (Technoglossia III), 2006-7 (Technoglossia IV) και 2008-9 (Technoglossia V). He was also instructor of the Lesson ‘Information Systems’ at the Post-Graduate Programme ‘Computer Science, Management and Organisation of Libraries focused on the New Technologies of Information’ organized by Dept of Library Studies of Ionion University and Dept. of Librarianship and Information Systems of TEI of Athens, in the winter semesters of 2003-4, 2004-5 and 2006-7. He has taken part in adult education of High-School teachers in the Centre of Support of Adult-Education of ILSP in topics of Introduction to Computer Technology, Microsoft Office Packages and educational packages, in the period 3/2003 – 5/2003.
For full CV please click here.
Institute for Language and Speech Processing (ILSP / R.C. "Athena"), Epidavrou & Artemidos 6, Marousi 151 25 Athens, GREECE,
tel:+30210-6875410 , fax: +30210-6854270, email:
mark at ilsp.athena-innovation.gr
- E. Desipri, M. Dendrinos, “ ECDL Series, Unit 1, Basic Concepts of Information Science”, Publ. Libris-Tech, Marousi, 2003.
- M. Dendrinos, V. Katsouros, “ECDL Series, Unit 5, Databases – Greek Version Access 2000”, Publ. Libris-Tech, Marousi, 2003.
- M. Dendrinos, V. Katsouros, “ECDL Series, Unit 5, Databases – Greek Version Access 2002”, Publ. Libris-Tech, Marousi, 2004.
- M. Dendrinos, “Introduction to Information Technology – Applications in Libraries”, in Greek, Publ. Libris-Tech, Marousi, 2006.
- M. Dendrinos, “Software for administrative support for libraries””, in Greek, Publ. Libris-Tech, Marousi, 2006.
- M. Dendrinos, “Introduction to Communication Technology – Internet”, in Greek, Publ. Libris-Tech, Marousi, 2006.
Papers in scientific journals
- M. Dendrinos and F. Afrati, “A graph-theoretic scheme for the construction of low complexity codes”, Technica Chronica (TEE) - ScientificRegion B, Volume 6, Issue 1, pp. 37-60, Jan-Mar. 1986.
- S. Bakamidis, M. Dendrinos and G. Carayannis, “SVD Analysis by Synthesis of Harmonic Signals”, Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (ASSP), IEEE, Vol. 39, No.2, pp. 472-477, Feb. 1991.
- M. Dendrinos, S. Bakamidis and G. Carayannis, “Speech Enhancement from Noise : A Regenerative Approach”, Speech Communication, Vol.10, No.1, pp.45-57, Feb.1991.
- M. Dendrinos, “A speaking electronic librarian”, Ariadne Magazine, Issue 33, Sept-Oct 2002, UKOLN, UK (http://www.ariadne.ac.uk/)
- M. Dendrinos and S. Bakamidis, “A resource description device used for more efficient library services”, Information Technology and Libraries Journal, Vol.21, No.4, Dec. 2002 (http://www.lita.org/ital/index.htm)
- M. Dendrinos, “Alchemical ideas during 16th – 18th centuries ”, Journal of History and Philosophy of Science and Technology Nefsis, Vol, 12, Summer 2003, pp. 58-80.
- M. Dendrinos, “From the physical reality to the virtual reality in the library environment”, Library Philosophy and Practice (LPP) Journal, Vol. 7, No. 2, Spring 2005 (http://libr.unl.edu:2000/LPP/lpp.htm)
- M. Dendrinos, “Philosophical Views about Digital Information and Relational Schemata”, Library Philosophy and Practice (LPP) Journal, Vol. 9, No. 1, Fall 2006 (http://libr.unl.edu:2000/LPP/dendrinos2.htm)
- M. Dendrinos, “Computer science professionals and Greek Library Science”, Education for Information, IOS Press, Vol. 26, No.2, 2008, pp. 101-111.
Announcements in conferences with reviewers
- M. Dendrinos and F. Afrati, “Considerations on Low Complexity Codes Concerning Symmetry and Cyclicity”, Proceedings of the European Meeting on Digital Techniques in Simulation Communication and Control (DIGITECH'84), IMACS (International Association for Mathematics and Computers in Simulation), pp. 263-268, Patras, Jul.1984.
- M. Dendrinos and G. Carayannis, “Spectrum Analysis Using a New Autocorrelation Measure”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, ICASSP'88, IEEE, paper E6.7, pp. 2468-2471, New York, April 1988.
- M. Dendrinos, M. Rangoussi and G. Carayannis, “Overdetermined Spectral Analysis of Short Data Records”, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS'88, IEEE, pp. 1585-1588, Helsinki, June 1988.
- M. Dendrinos and S. Bakamidis, “End-Point Detection in Coloured Background Noise Using Singular Values Ratios”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Language Engineering on the Information Highway, Santorini, Sept.1994.
- M. Dendrinos and S. Bakamidis, “Voice Activity Detection in Coloured-Noise Environment through Singular Value Decomposition”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Signal Processing Applications & Technology, ICSPAT'94, IEEE, pp. 137-141, Dallas, USA, Oct.1994.
- M. Dendrinos, “A Case Study for the Management of a Set of Spectrally Analysed Signals Based in OODBMS”, Proceedings of the International Database Engineering and Application Symposium, Concordia University, IDEAS’97, IEEE Montreal, Canada, Aug.1997.
- M. Dendrinos, Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) “Detection through Energy and Spectral Measures”, International Conference on Signal Processing Applications and Technology (ICSPAT-98), IEEE, Toronto, Sept. 1998.
- M. Dendrinos, S.Bakamidis, I.Dologlou and G.Carayannis, “Single Channel SVD based Noise Reduction Techniques”, 4th European Conference on Noise Control, EURONOISE 2001, Patra, 14-17 Jan.2001.
- G. Tampouratzis, S. Bakamidis, I. Dologlou, G. Carayannis, M. Dendrinos, “The IMUTUS interactive music tuition system”, Acoustical Society of America (ASA) Conference in Pittsburgh, PA, USA, June 2002.
- M. Dendrinos, “Special interfaces with electronic library systems for persons with vision disabilities”, 12th Hellenic Conference of Academic Libraries, TEI of Serres, Nov. 2003, pp. 375-384.
- N. Kareklas, M. Dendrinos, “Safety issues in the distribution of information in the librarian community”, 14th Hellenic Conference of Academic Libraries, TEI of Athens, Dec. 2005