"Filoglossia" is a multimedia program for learning Greek as a foreign language and is addressed to beginners. It combines video and audio files with native speakers and offers supporting material in six languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Danish and Russian.
The programme is mainly based on the communicative approach and focuses on the production and comprehension of both oral and written speech. The user is encouraged to use Greek in order to acquire communicative efficiency and be able to communicate in everyday life situations. Basic grammatical and syntactic phenomena are also treated, however in a simple and functional way.
Each chapter consists of the following components:
Each of these components is accompanied by a number of various exercises, aiming at the development of all language skills (oral and written speech comprehension, pronunciation exercises with recording facilities, vocabulary exercises, spelling exercises, grammatical exercises, formation of sentences, etc). A number of language tools enables the user to record his/her voice and compare it with a native speaker, to listen to the pronunciation of any Greek word by means of a synthetic voice, as well as to see its phonetic transcription in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). Moreover, the user can look up any Greek word appearing in the program in the bilingual electronic dictionary incorporated, which includes the following features: the lemma, its translation and examples of use in Greek, also translated in the supporting language.
Apart from the language material, the programme includes rich audio-visual material related to various aspects of the Greek culture and civilisation.
"Filoglossia" was designed and developed by ILSP / R.C. "Athena" within the framework of the General Secretariat for Research and Technology project
Learning Greek on the Web, a series of Greek lessons for beginners, based on the material of the CD-ROM "Filoglossia"
- Patakis: www.patakis.gr
- program: www.programa.gr
- Papaswtiriou: www.papasotiriou.gr
- Eleftheroudakis: www.books.gr
- Prwtoporia: www.protoporia.gr
- Evripidis: www.evripidis.gr
- CD-ROM shop: www.cdrom-shop.com/main.asp
- Greece in Print: www.greeceinprint.com
- Info-Grece.com: boutique.info-grece.com
- LCL International Booksellers: www.lclib.com
- Bibliagora.co.u: www.bibliagora.co.uk
- World Language Resources: www.worldlanguage.com
- Books in Greek: www.books-in-greek.gr
- Greekbooks.g: www.greekbooks.gr
- Lemoni: www.lemoni.gr
- Bibliopolio.gr: www.bibliopolio.gr/
- Lifestylebooks.gr: www.lifestylebooks.gr
- Filoglossia.com: www.filoglossia.com
- AboutBooks.gr: www.aboutbooks.gr
- Perizitito.gr: www.perizitito.gr