The dictionary consists of 6.000 entries. It is designed for children from 6 to 15 years of age.
- Each word listed in the bilingual dictionary is followed by grammatical information (part of speech, inflectional forms, hyphenation), examples of different uses, pronunciation, the Turkish equivalent and a photo or a drawing.
- ILSP / R.C. "Athena"’s morphological analyzer has been integrated into the system. The child has the possibility to type a word, which can be automatically corrected, if misspelled. In addition, each word type is grammatically recognized and connected to the initial lemma.
- Every word appearing in the examples of use constitutes a lemma of the dictionary.
- The software allows free navigation.
- There are five ways of retrieving a word:
- By typing the word
- By choosing one of the letters of the alphabet
- By scrolling down the vocabulary list
- By clicking on the words of the examples
- By clicking on the “vocabulary” field, which comprises all the words that have the same root with the lemma presented
- The system comprises vocabulary and grammar exercises-games.
- It also comprises two games that enhance the child’s concentration capability and mnemonic ability.
Minimal operational requirements:
- IBM compatible PC
- Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
- Pentium II 333 MHz processor
- 128 MB RAM memory
- 230 MB free space on the hard disc
- CD-ROM 24X drive
- Sound card compatible with Microsoft Windows
- Screen card 800X600 with true colour
Coordination: Maria Tzevelekou
Lexicographer: Anna Vakalopoulou
Software development and design: Giannis Papageorgakopoulos
Illustrations: Maria Glyka
Compilation of grammar terms: Spyridoula Stamouli
Turkish translation: Nilufer Calgar, Gul Oya Fidan
Games: Stefanos Paschalis, Fotini Simistira
Screen graphics design: Luisa Karageorgiou
Voiceovers: Eva Saraga, Angelos Asimakopoulos, Maria Giangou
Recording: Studio ILSP / R.C. "Athena"- Stavros Spanos