The Filoglossia+ series consists of educational multimedia CD-ROMs for learning Greek as a foreign language, supported by English and addressed to beginners with little or no previous knowledge of Greek.
The programme is mainly based on the communicative approach and focuses on the production and comprehension of both oral and written speech. The user is encouraged to use Greek in order to acquire communicative efficiency and to be able to communicate in everyday life situations. Grammatical structures and syntactic functions are also treated, however in a simple and functional way and within a communicative context.
Each chapter is accompanied by exercises of various ergonomies, which fully exploit the potentials of the multimedia technologies, aiming at the development of all language skills (oral and written speech comprehension exercises, pronunciation exercises, spelling, vocabulary, grammar, formation of sentences etc). In addition, a number of language tools incorporated in the software enables the user to record his/her voice and compare it with a native speaker, to see the phonetic transcription and listen to the pronunciation of any Greek word by a synthetic voice, to look up any word appearing in the program in the bilingual Greek-English electronic dictionary and obtain the english translation, as well as examples of use.
A number of innovative techniques for linking the texts with the corresponding videos has also been employed, while vocabulary learning is fostered by allowing the user to see each word of the dialogue text in context, again supported by video.
Apart from the language material, the programme also includes rich audio-visual material related to cultural aspects of both ancient and contemporary Greek civilization.
The basic features of the programme are summed up below:
The "Filoglossia+" series was designed and developed by ILSP / R.C. "Athena".
Learning Greek on the Web, a series of Greek lessons for beginners, based on the material of the CD-ROM "Filoglossia+".
- Patakis: www.patakis.gr
- program: www.programa.gr
- Papaswtiriou: www.papasotiriou.gr
- Eleftheroudakis: www.books.gr
- Prwtoporia: www.protoporia.gr
- Evripidis: www.evripidis.gr
- CD-ROM shop: www.cdrom-shop.com/main.asp
- Greece in Print: www.greeceinprint.com
- Info-Grece.com: boutique.info-grece.com
- LCL International Booksellers: www.lclib.com
- Bibliagora.co.u: www.bibliagora.co.uk
- World Language Resources: www.worldlanguage.com
- Books in Greek: www.books-in-greek.gr
- Greekbooks.g: www.greekbooks.gr
- Lemoni: www.lemoni.gr
- Bibliopolio.gr: www.bibliopolio.gr/
- Lifestylebooks.gr: www.lifestylebooks.gr
- Filoglossia.com: www.filoglossia.com
- AboutBooks.gr: www.aboutbooks.gr
- Perizitito.gr: www.perizitito.gr