NOEMA: Greek Sign Language dictionary
|NOEMA - a dictionary of the Greek Sign Language (GSL) consists the first electronic dictionary of Greek signs and in parallel the first DVD-ROM production in Greece. It contains 3.000 video recorded signs with their Modern Greek translations and is equally addressed to native signers as well as to hearing students of GSL.
On the basis of an ergonomic arrangement focusing on optimal product utilization by the two user groups, every video lemma is accompanied by its equivalent in Modern Greek, further explanatory remarks, if necessary, as well as synonyms and antonyms in GSL, whenever such exist.
Incorporation of explanatory remarks and Modern Greek translations helps non native GSL users to better understand the meaning of the presented signs, while it allows native GSL signers to enrich their vocabulary in Modern Greek. The dictionary also provides for lemma classification according to semantic categories, the goal of which is to enable presentation, and accordingly, teaching of groups of signs, which are semantically or pragmatically related. However, the most important element of the dictionary remains its multimedia structure, given that the lemmas are actual video recordings of signs, accompanied by a significant number of explanatory icons.
Lemma searching is possible by:
Minimal system requirements:
- Prwtoporia: www.protoporia.gr
- Greece in Print: www.greeceinprint.com
- Info-Grece.com: boutique.info-grece.com
- LCL International Booksellers: www.lclib.com
- Bibliagora.co.u: www.bibliagora.co.uk
- World Language Resources: www.worldlanguage.com
- Books in Greek: www.books-in-greek.gr
- Greekbooks.g: www.greekbooks.gr
- Lemoni: www.lemoni.gr
- Bibliopolio.gr: www.bibliopolio.gr