|CLARIN EL is the Greek counterpart of the CLARIN project, a pan-european effort for
- the collection
- and the distribution to the research community
- of language resources (text/speech/multimodal corpora, lexica, terminological glossaries etc.) in all languages
- and the relevant language processing tools (morphological/syntactic analysers, parsers, taggers, statistical tools etc.)
- through a web-based Research Infrastucture.
CLARIN-EL during the current implementation phase intends to
- provide to the research community the infrastructure for the collection and documentation of language resources and technologies for Greek through a network of repositories incrementally enriched by the network members
- provide web-based access to resources and technologies
- investigate the legal aspects of access to language resources and provide legal advice to language resources providers and users
- raise awareness and to educate researchers and broad public on the assets of using language resources and technologies.