The project aims at designing and implementing an online interactive language assessment system for Greek L2 young learners.
The language assessment system will comprise two placement test, one for each of the following age groups:
- 7-11 years old
- 12-15 years old
The project outcomes will benefit:
- Greek learners in the Greek educational system (immigrants, repatriated and minority population)
- children of the Greek diaspora
- teachers of mixed classes
- teachers of Greek abroad
This system will help teachers
- to measure their students’ language proficiency in Greek in a quick, reliable and objective way
- to organize their classes according to their students’ proficiency
- to employ individualized teaching so as to adapt to their students’ needs
- to monitor their students’ progress
The tests comply with the main principles of assessment, i.e. validity, reliability and usability. They are developed on the basis of the Common European Framework for Languages (Council of Europe, 2001).
The tests will be standardized in order to ensure their suitability for the proficiency level(s) they measure.